Mother’s day is just around the corner and while there are many ways to pamper your mom, nothing beats a home cooked meal made especially for her. After all the years she has spent making delicious food, even on the days when she had low energy but was adamant to cook at home, she deserves to know how much you appreciate her beyond just words or presents. Whether you make this recipe or another be sure to put extra love in it on this special day. Here’s an easy quiche recipe, happy mother’s day everyone!
9-inch Pie Shell, defrost as per package directions
½ Cup orange, red, and yellow pepper, diced
½ Cup red onions, diced
Pinch of white sugar
2/3 Cup pecorino cheese or could use traditional cheddar
Pinch of nutmeg and cayenne pepper
4 Large eggs
1 Cup milk
Foil paper to cover the edges of the pie
Salt & Fresh ground pepper as per taste
1. Set oven temperature to 350 F.
2. On medium to high heat, sauté the vegetables together with a pinch of sugar. 5-7 Minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with nutmeg and cayenne pepper. Add milk and whisk to combine.
4. Grab the pie shell and gently pierce the surface with a fork. Be careful not to pierce through the pie shell, just barely on the surface that’s all.
5. Spread the sautéed vegetables in the pie shell and top it off with pecorino cheese.
6. Pour the egg mixture on top and fill it up just under the rim. Place it on a sheet of foil paper and lift the sides to cover the exposed rim from burning. You could place it in the oven as it is but I prefer to put it on a sheet pan for easy handling. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
1. You can add round slices of tomatoes or lengthwise cut peppers for presentation.
2. Quiche can be served hot, cold or room temperature. Serve it with your favorite hot sauce and a side of fresh salad for anytime of the day.