This is one of my favorites! My family and friends usually cannot believe that it’s turkey they are having because it’s so juicy and bursting of flavors. Turkey is usually known to be bland and boring but I am sure you will think again, if you give this recipe a shot!
Serves: 4 Adults
- 1 Pound lean ground turkey (dark or white meat or you can do half and half)
- 1 Red or White onion, finely diced
- 4-5 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch Ginger, minced
- ¾ Cup finely chopped Cilantro or Parsley
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ Cup Plain Bread Crumbs
- 3-4 Turns of Ground black pepper
- ½ t Cardamom powder
- Pinch of Paprika
- 2 T Dried Oregano
- 1 t Salt or as needed
- 1 T oil, as needed
1. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and hand-mix to combine everything. All the ingredients should be evenly distributed. If the mixture is not holding together then add 1Tbsp of bread crumbs (or more as needed) and be sure to adjust the seasonings as well. You should be able to make 4 generously sized patties.
2. Taste a super tiny piece of the raw mixture to see if it needs more seasoning however, if you feel uncomfortable doing that then simply cook a tiny patty on a griddle and taste that.
3. Though they are best when BBQ’d but cooking them on a griddle will be just as good, if not better. A hot platform is the key, you should hear that sizzle as soon as the meat touches the griddle, brush it with a little bit of oil first.
Assemble the burger as per your preference, everyone usually likes to dress their burgers in a certain way. I like mine in a variety of ways but it never beats the traditional, cheddar, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and of course, MMK (Mustard, Mayo and Ketchup)! Enjoy!